Monday, January 6, 2014

Ready to hunker down!

  Today I finished taking down Christmas (outside that is) 
It was warmer today (almost 50) so I figured I might as well do it now before the big temperature drop came and I'd have to wait a bit. Tree's still up though ;) I'm enjoying the 12 days as much as I can!! And secretly dreading putting it away. 
Something about the beauty of the Christmas Tree just livens things up it seems.
While I managed to get the shopping done for THIS house yesterday, dad's was not :( He called saying he was out of several things.... So today me and the kids went and stocked up for them so they had a good bit before the cold set in. Seriously not looking forward to papers tomorrow- as the kids will be staying in, but I will get to experience what -40 degrees feels like. I'm thinking it feels like BRRRRRR
 Outside of papers, church and shopping for dad today, it was a great family day. Ana got me a belated birthday present, we watched a movie together (Animals included)
And snowbell decided to be my second blanket. 

For those that remember us getting the sweet babe last year for Christmas...you remember this sweet tiny white fuzz ball. 
Well she is HUGE now. 

Then I watched Gatsby for the first time while designing. HELLO That movie was AWESOME!! Seriously, why had I never watched the original before?
So then I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time today too. Again....WHY hadn't I watched these before?? 

Tonight, we made pizza rolls and then me and my dad watched the season premier of "Curse of Oak Island" tonight after the kids went to bed. I have a feeling the adventurer in us will make that a bucket list destination here soon ;)
School's already been cancelled for both tomorrow and Tuesday. So it looks like movies, games and lots of 'snow day' activities in our forecast. 
Stay warm everyone!!! 
~*this link expired*~
PLEASE NOTE: This link will expire January 6th at 11:59 PM EST.
After that point, it will expire and await tomorrows gift and be placed in the shop. 
Tomorrow we'll be finishing up this collection and the days of giving. Such a bittersweet way to end it :)
 
DON'T FORGET-  The first call since 2012 to be part of the Creative Sweeties Design team is now up! Check the previous posts for information on how you can get all my goodies for free just to scrap :)
And the winners have been announced. Emails will be dispatched later today. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're one amazingly generous person. Thanks so very much for all the FANTASTIC gifts. All the kits are beautiful. Happy New Year to you and your family. Keep safe and healthy throughout the year. Now go and get a well deserved rest!!
Steffie

Shuckclod said...

Thank you Liz for yesterday's and today. Is that me #3? I don't know how you go go go all the time ;) Yes, I remember the puppy. They are so cute when new, but I would rather have one out of the puppy stage. Puppies do a lot of damage. Have a great Monday.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Liz!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.
Thank you for all the wonderful gifts you gave us all this year, from the countdown to the 12 days. Totally amazing gifts.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful stories. I can relate to most of them and many times you make me laugh a good one.

I had a bit of a glitch.
I had to take the children to their grandparents and I didn't check a download after I downloaded it that day and I was wondering if anyone else has an error with the download as I did.
The gift was Minty Fresh 1. Apparently my download read it was a bad zip file. Minty Fresh 2 was a perfect download. I got the elements but no papers. LOL
I know I won't get those papers, which is okay under the circumstances. I was wondering if I was the only one who got that bad file?

It seems we are both in for a heavy drop in temperature today and this entire week. Schools are closed here and the children are loving this extended holiday. I would send them skating or even outside to play but I fear they may get frost bite so I set up the basement, again, for them to play hockey inside. That will keep them occupied til noon when they will take a break and have some lunch. They have already decided on movies for the afternoon but I will probably be the only one who will watch them in their entirety, LOL. (If we make it past movie one)
I think I will start off with Despicable Me 2 and then the Hobbit.
I am making home made mac and cheese for lunch with a side salad and cheese cake with raspberries for dessert. Popcorn for the movies snack. That should hold them over till dinner time.
So off I go to get lunch underway.
Thanks again Liz! Have a warm week.
Allie

fl_connie said...

Thanks for another wonderful goodie! You are seriously generous! I don't envy you your weather - I'm already whining and it's only 37 and dropping. I'm trying hard to keep my tropicals alive but I don't think they are going to survive this freeze. :( Hopefully - I will, lol!

Stacey said...

thank you so much for the terrific gift. Please stay warm, I can't grasp those kind of temperatures. I grew up in Hawaii, and I can't fathom - degrees.

Pam said...

Thanks for all...It is funny, Shuckclod said her download #1 for Minty Fresh was bad, I had out of town guests so my time on the computer was limited...and just grabbed the downloads and ran, My Minty Fresh 2 was bad, 1 was perfect. I hope you will be putting it in the store.

Lana said...

Thank you so very much for the awesome freebies! It was enjoyable to come every day and read your little excerpts as well. Thank you!

Can you tell me if fay 11 was the last one? it said that the next day would be the last but nothing posted. Don't want to miss it is there is.